Monday - August 10, 2020
This is a time like no other in our lives. The COVID-19 pandemic continues to produce uncertainty, stress and trauma in our communities. By now, we have all been impacted by this virus, which has been devastating for so many. Despite the challenges we are all facing every day, this is also a time that is bringing out the best in many people—from the healthcare staff and first responders fighting on the front-lines, to the essential workers providing food, products and services. On behalf of everyone at World Emblem, we are incredibly thankful to all of you serving and caring for those in need. We are proud to play a critical role in this fight by partnering with you and supporting you.
It is our goal to fill every order on time and to help protect those on the front lines when they need it, while having plenty of inventory on hand to ensure there are never any gaps in the supply chain.
- We have made huge strides towards these goals, over the past 5 months we have built out an additional 100,000 square feet of manufacturing space in Aguascalientes Mexico dedicated to manufacturing 8 different types of branded and blank face coverings.
- We have added over 1mm worth of PPE inventory housed in Atlanta and Mexico. This includes a World Emblem private label brand as well as hand sanitizers, KN95 masks, N95 masks, no touch keys, floor and window stickers as well as many other PPE related products.
- We have delivered over 20 million face coverings in the past 120 days.
- We have donated over 100,000 face coverings to local charities and homeless shelters in Atlanta and Aguascalientes Mexico.
- We have earmarked 5% of our net profit on face covering to be donated to the CDC foundation
- We have added over 100 heat presses, 45 large format printers and 12 pad printers to expand our branding operations.
- We have added over 100 new jobs throughout the organization.
- We continue to invest heavily in our back office technology and infrastructure to ensure we are more prepared to serve our clients when the pandemic ends
Our number one priority has always been to keep our employees safe and protected. During this time of increased production, we have implemented additional rigorous cleaning and hygiene protocols throughout our facilities and are practicing other safety precautions including social distancing, daily screening, and temperature checks to protect our employees. I am incredibly proud of our associates coming to and/or working from work every day and putting others before themselves to produce our essential products during this unprecedented time.
We are a second generation, family-owned company that has weathered good times and bad, ups and downs, and everything in-between. The strength, restless sacrifice, compassion around us, and the level to which global communities are coming together through this pandemic has been extraordinary and inspiring. Because of this, we will emerge from this much stronger and more resilient in the future.
We are all in this together. Our sales and manufacturing teams are always here to assist you, and we encourage you to reach out at any time. In the meantime, please stay safe and healthy, and thank you again for all you are doing to Be The Difference in the fight to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and save lives.
With respect and gratitude,
Randy Carr |CEO
Friday - March 20, 2020
Dear Valued partners/employees
I would like to reach out to you all during these very trying times.
Our number one priority is to ensure the continued health and safety of our staff, our partners, our customers and our vendors. We are committed to working to contain the spread of the Covid-19 virus. We are following every recommended precaution and preventative action to from the WHO and CDC.
As the global battle against the COVID-19 virus rages, we have gone to a WFO policy where possible, however all 8 locations continue to operate, albeit a bit differently today. As states and countries go on lockdown we are moving work to other locations to ensure the first responders, health professionals and essential services can continue to operate while being properly identified with the correct protective clothing and PPE; We will continue to support the needs of our customers as long as it's deemed safe and permissible. During this time, we must do our part in supporting our communities and following government health department guidelines, such as Social Distancing, stepping up personal hygiene practices, avoiding large events or crowds.
As far as our supply chain, we have increased all inventories over 200% to ensure there is no interruption in materials and goods during the next 3 months. This is a precautionary measure in an effort to ensure continuity should there be unanticipated interruptions.
Our country is strong, and we will recover. The World Emblem family will be there with you.
Randy Carr |CEO
March 16, 2020
As a member of the World Emblem family, I wanted to reach out and share that there's nothing more important to me than your health and well-being and the health and well-being of our clients, vendors and team members. In the midst of the rapidly evolving impacts of COVID-19, I want to reassure you that our team is here for you.
Here's what you can expect from us:
- Your Safety: For your safety and the safety of our teams we will not be traveling for the next 30 days. All sales, Territory Account Managers and Operations staff will either be working remotely or in their local branches
- Expert Virtual Systems: Organizations such as ours a very adept at virtual meetings and trainings. We use tools like Zoom and MS Teams to help you and our staff and keep the business properly operating. Please reach out to your TAM or sales representative if you have needs or questions.
- Contingency Planning: Being a South Florida based business for over 25 years, and having to endure hurricanes annually, we have developed a completely redundant infrastructure, from Technology to Supply Chain. As of now we are running full shifts and will continue to operate under CDC and WHO recommended guidelines.
We understand that without our products, the pharmacies, grocery stores and EMS personally will not have clothing to perform their work and how vitally important we are to the general economy. Rest assured that in addition to the health and safety of my family and my team, your well-being and the health of the general economy is top of mind for me. If there’s anything we can do for you, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.
Randy Carr |CEO